General Terms & conditions
Article 1 Identity of the seller
Compagnie De Steenhuyse BV
(hereinafter referred to as “us”, “we” or “Les Chis”)
Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM until 17.00 PM GMT+1
Telephone number +32 470 41 58 11
Email address: email@example.com
Company number: BE 0647.865.077
VAT number: BE 0647.865.077
Article 2 Applicability
- Our Terms and Conditions apply to all offers by us as an online retailer, to you as consumer (any natural person who, for non-professional purposes only, acquires or uses products or services on the market).
- You need to be at least 18 years old to place an order. If you're not 18 yet, we'd like to ask you to have your parents or a legal guardian place the order. If we notice that an order has been placed by a minor, we can refuse this order.
- Placing an order on the website counts as explicit acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, which can be accessed at all times through our website.
Article 3 Our assortment and your order
- If an offer has a limited validity period, or is made under special conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- We'll describe what we sell and how the order process will proceed as fully and accurately as possible. The description will be sufficiently detailed to enable a good evaluation of the offer by the consumer. If we use images, these will be a true representation of the offered products. Nevertheless, oversights happen, and if we've clearly made a mistake, we're not required to deliver afterwards.
- If you order from us, you'll receive a confirmation by email. Your order will be complete and the agreement between us will be definitive as soon as we've received approval from the card company for your transaction with debit or credit cards. We accept Bancontact, creditcard, Apple Pay, KBC/CBC, Belfius Direct Net, ING Home’Pay, PayPal, money transfers, iDeal, SOFORT Banking, EPS, Giropay and Przelewy24. If the card company does not approve of your payment to us, we cannot be held responsible for delays in shipping and/or non-delivery of your order. Orders without a valid payment in the name of the registered cardholder will not be accepted or processed.
- To purchase a product, you add the product to your online shopping cart. Afterwards, you provide your contact details and invoice information. Next, you choose your delivery method. During the last step, you'll see an overview page where you can accept our Terms and Conditions and where you can confirm the payment by clicking the order button. Once you've completed these steps, your purchase is final.
Article 4 Right of withdrawal
- If you buy goods from us, you have the right to decide that you do not want to keep the goods for 14 days from the delivery day. You can then return your order without penalty and without stating any reason for your return. Upon receipt of the returned items, we will refund you the full purchase price with the same payment method you used to pay the initial order.
- During the first 14 days after delivery, we expect that you carefully handle the order and packaging. If you still want to return the goods as described above, you may only unpack or use them to the extent that is necessary to assess whether you wish to keep it. If you return the goods, this should be done in the original packaging, with all included accessories, in the original condition and packaging, and taking our instructions below into account.
- You can return your return package by post or courier at your own expense.
- In order to exercise your right of withdrawal quickly and correctly, you can use the returns form included with your order. We will send you a confirmation of receiving your cancellation via email.
- Personalized items, made-to-order goods as well as products that have been used, soiled and/or removed from their original packaging, and goods which spoil rapidly or have limited shelf life and or goods that are sealed and cannot be returned for hygienic reasons, are excluded from the right of withdrawal.
Article 5 Prices
- The price of an item is the price mentioned on the website on the date your order is placed.
- Prices mentioned on our website include all taxes, VAT, taxes and services for domestic delivery within in Belgium.
- For international deliveries outside the European Union, additional charges and/or levies may apply. The Consumer acknowledges and accepts that Les Chis is not responsible for said additional charges and/or levies.
- Shipping costs are calculated at check-out. For more information on our shipping methods and related costs, please refer to our Shipping and Delivery Information.
Article 6 Payment
- All goods remain the legal property of Les Chis until we receive full payment of the purchase price and shipping costs.
- We can only accept payment via the payment options included on our website.
- In order to guarantee secure online payments and the security of your personal data, the transaction data is transmitted via the internet, encrypted with SSL technology. To pay with SSL, you do not need special software. You can recognize a secure SSL connection by the "lock" in your browser's status bar.
Article 7 Conformity and warranty
- We guarantee that our goods are in accordance with your order and meet the normal expectations that you may have, taking into account the specifications of the product. We also guarantee that our goods comply with all Belgian laws existing at the time of your order.
- We apply the statutory minimum warranty period of two years if the product you have purchased is not in conformity with the order placed. This means that, in case of defects to the product, this item will be repaired free of charge or replaced for up to 2 years after delivery, provided the Consumer can produce the original purchase receipt. A copy of said purchase receipt is available through your account on Our Website.
- We reserve the right to refuse any replacement or refund requests if we believe the product was intentionally damaged or misused or if the damage was caused by normal wear and tear.
Article 8 Delivery and returns
- All goods are delivered to the address you supplied in your purchase order. Once an order has been placed, the delivery address can no longer be changed.
- We will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing product orders.
- We will execute accepted orders expeditiously but no later than 30 days, unless another delivery period has been agreed upon. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, we will always inform you as soon as possible.
- Our shipments are always at our risk until the time of delivery to you or a representative appointed by you. You do not have to worry about goods that are lost in the mail. Les Chis will work with the carrier to locate your order or replace the items if necessary. However, if you return us goods within 30 days of purchase because you would rather not keep them, you are responsible for transportation.
- If the goods are damaged during transport, do not correspond with the items stated on the delivery note, or do not correspond to the items you ordered, you must report this as soon as possible and return the items to us unused and in original packaging within 14 calendar days after delivery, in order to receive a refund for the returned items (excluding shipping and packaging fees charged at the time of purchase).
- Orders sometimes get delayed due to unforeseen weather or technical issues with the carrier company. Once an order leaves our facility, we are unable to alter or influence shipping speed or overcome delays due to weather or technical issues. We cannot be held responsible for any consequential damages due to late delivery or non-delivery by the carrier appointed. Our liability in such cases is limited to the value of the items that are shown not to have been received by the Consumer. Les Chis is not liable when tracking indicates your order has been delivered.
- Les Chis is not responsible for the delayed delivery of packages due to the recipient not being available for signature upon arrival. If your order is sent back to Les Chis in this event, you will be subject to paying for the re-shipment of your order.
Article 9 Liability
- The liability of Les Chis will in all cases be limited to direct damages, which will be limited to the purchase price of the product. Les Chis can not be held liable for any indirect damages, such as but not limited to loss of enjoyment, loss of opportunity, loss of time, administrative costs or any other consequential damages.
Article 10 Force majeure
- In the event of force majeure, we are not required to carry out our obligations. In the case of force majeure, we can either postpone our obligations for the duration of the force majeure, or terminate the agreement permanently.
- Force majeure includes any situation outside of our will and control which prevents us from fulfilling our promises to you. This includes strikes, fire, malfunctions, power failures, network failures in, for instance, telecommunication networks, connections, or used systems of communication, or the unavailability of our website at any time, non-timely delivery by suppliers or other third parties.
Article 11 Intellectual property
- Our website, logos, texts, photos, names, and all our communication in general are protected by intellectual property rights known to us, or to our suppliers or other beneficiaries.
- It is prohibited to use and/or make changes to the intellectual property rights as described in this article. For example, you may not copy or reproduce drawings, photographs, texts, logos, color combinations, etc ... without our prior written consent.
Article 12 GDPR
- By creating an account on our website and providing your contact details, shipping and payment information, you accept that Les Chis may process you information in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information, please refer to our Privacy statement.
Article 13 Complaints procedures and disputes
- If you have a complaint, please contact us by phone or e-mail mentioned below. We'll do everything we can to help you as soon as possible.
- All agreements that we conclude with our clients, regardless of their place of residence, are governed exclusively by Belgian consumer law, and in case of a dispute, only the competent Belgian courts are competent. If, for reasons of international law, another law applies, Book VI of the Belgian Economic Law Code will be referenced when interpreting the current Terms and Conditions.
- The Consumer Mediation Service of the Belgian FOD Economie is qualified to process any request to settle extrajudicial consumer disputes. They will, in turn, process the request themselves or send it to a qualified entity. You can reach the Consumer Mediation Service via this link: https://www.consumentenombudsdienst.be/en
- If there is a cross-border dispute, the consumer can rely on the Online Dispute Resolution platform of the European Union via this link: https://ec.europa.eu/odr.